To use liquid teflon sealant, follow these steps:
1. Clean the surface of metal threads: Use a mild detergent or cleaner to clean the surface thoroughly and rinse it off with water, to ensure it is clean and fre of dirt, grease, or any other contaminants;
2. Dry the surface: Allow the surface to dry completely before applying the liquid teflon sealant. Make sure there is no moisture present as it can affect the effectiveness of the sealant;
3. Shake the bottle: Shake the liquid teflon sealant bottle well to mix the contents properly. This ensures uniform distribution of the teflon particles in the liquid;
4. Apply the sealant: Dip a brush or applicator into the liquid teflon sealant and apply it evenly onto the surface. You can also use a cloth or sponge to apply the sealant if it is more convenient for your specific application.
5. Spread and cover: Spread the liquid teflon sealant across the surface of threads, making sure to cover the entire area evenly. Pay attention to seams, joints, or any areas that are prone to leakage or need extra protection;
6. Assemble the threaded joints: usually we apply liquid teflon sealant on male threads, and in this step we assemble it to the part with female threads tightly, using hand tools if necessary;
7. Let it cure: After Step 6, the applied liquid teflon sealant would start curing within about 15 minutes and to get full strength in 24 hours. So, wait for at least 24 hours before letting the threaded part work.
8. Test for leaks: After the sealant has cured, test the sealed area for leaks if applicable. Apply pressure or run water over the sealed surface to ensure its effectiveness. If you notice any leaks, reapply the sealant and let it cure again;
9. Clean up: Clean any excess sealant from the brush or applicator immediately afer use. Use an appropriate solvent or cleaning agent as recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of any leftover sealant following local regulations.
Luoke liquid teflon sealants: https://www.luokeadhesives.com/products/anaerobic-adhesive/thread-sealant/liquid-teflon
Send your message to us:
Post time: Jul-13-2023